- 1. For Workers Who Get Stiffed, Immigration Status is Irrelevant
- ... jump from the $7 some say they would earn for a day’s work in their home country of Guatemala. For most laborers, the possibility of bringing home those wages is enough to keep them waiting for work, scarce ...
- Posted in / Creado el 28 Abril 2011
- 2. US Labor Secretary sends message to America’s under-paid and under-protected:‘We Can Help!’
- ... committed to helping the nation’s low-wage and vulnerable workers, and reminded them that her agency’s personnel will not waver in protecting the rights guaranteed by law to every worker in America. “I’m ...
- Posted in / Creado el 09 Abril 2010
- 3. New Orleans day laborers want wage theft criminalized
- Facing South Magazine: Post-Katrina New Orleans has become the center of a national effort to protect migrant day laborers from wage theft. As Facing South has covered, tadalafil following ...
- Posted in / Creado el 21 Julio 2009
- 4. Day Laborers on Long Island, Left at the Curb
- ... to pull up with jobs to do. When times were good, there was lots of work. But hardly anyone is building or renovating now, and the men go days and weeks without being hired. Wages have plummeted, and ...
- Posted in / Creado el 11 Mayo 2009
- 5. Unpaid Day Laborers Speak Out
- ABC 7 NEWS It’s an issue that rarely is talked about but now the problem is getting bigger. Day laborers doing weeks of work for contractors but not getting paid. Some Guatemalan day ...
- Posted in / Creado el 04 Julio 2008